Use an integrated toolchain for the best user and developer experience.
This page describes a few popular React toolchains which help with tasks like:
- Scaling to many files and components.
- Using third-party libraries from npm.
- Detecting common mistakes early.
- Live-editing CSS and JS in development.
- Optimizing the output for production.
Create React App
npx create-react-app my-app cd my-app npm start
npx on the first line is not a typo — it’s a package runner tool that comes with npm 5.2+.
Create React App doesn’t handle backend logic or databases; it just creates a frontend build pipeline, so you can use it with any backend you want. Under the hood, it uses Babel and webpack, but you don’t need to know anything about them.
When you’re ready to deploy to production, running
npm run build will create an optimized build of your app in the
build folder. You can learn more about Create React App from its README and the User Guide.